Now that wildbomb and TheArtificer have released the support for the new WODE homebrew app, I figure that I should write a rather simple tutorial on how to get everything set up to actually use
the new features.ALTHOUGH THIS PROCESS IS GENERALLY SAFE, THERE IS ALWAYS SOME RISK OF DAMAGE TO YOUR WII! IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK, DO NOT FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL. STICK WITH THE GAMECUBE MENU! FOR THOSE WILLING TO TAKE THE (relatively low) RISK, READ ON:
The first thing you need to do is set up your SD Card to work. I'm not allowed to mirror some of the files required by this tutorial, so I will instead link to them. You need:To Begin
Your SD card's file structure should look like this:
- The first step is to update your WODE to version 1.28 (or greater). If you don't know how to do that, stop reading this guide right now and learn how to before you continue.
- Now we have to set up your SD Card. I recommend that you use an EMPTY SD card, just in case. We'll start by extracting the archive that you download which contains the HackMii Installer. Inside the archive, you will find a file called "boot.elf." This is the only file that you'll need, so you can safely delete the others. Put this "boot.elf" on the ROOT of your SD Card. (The ROOT means that it isn't in any folder.)
- Extract the WODE Menu's archive and you'll see a folder called "wodemenu." On your SD card, create a folder in the ROOT named "apps" and in the "apps" folder, put the "wodemenu" folder.
- Extract the BannerBomb archive that you downloaded and move the "private" folder to the ROOT of your SD card.
---README.txtInstalling the homebrew code onto your WiiIF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN READING VERY CLOSELY, YOU SHOULD START TO DO SO NOW. THIS IS THE MOST DANGEROUS PART OF THE TUTORIAL, AND IT MUST BE READ STEP-BY-STEP!
- Insert the SD card that you set up above into your Wii (NOT WODE!).
- DEPENDING ON YOUR WII MENU VERSION, launch BannerBomb. ON WII MENU 4.2 go to the SD card menu. ON WII MENU 4.1 AND BELOW go to Wii settings, data management, channels, and click on the SD tab. When asked to load boot.dol/elf choose YES.
- You will now see a 'this software is free' notice. Wait a few moments for it to say "Press 1 to continue." Do that.
- This is the HackMii Installer. You'll see a list of things that can be installed. Just press continue.
- What you see now is the MAIN MENU. Choose "Install the homebrew channel"
- When the homebrew channel is done installing, choose "Install DVDx."
- Once DVDx is done installing, press the "Exit" button. You will be returned to the HomeBrew channel, where you can see the WODE Menu. Click on it, then press the center button on the window that pops up - "Load" - to star the app.
You have successfully set up your Wii to use the WODE Homebrew app! Now it's time to clean up your SD card a bit.
- Delete boot.elf off the root
- Delete the "private" folder
- KEEP THE APPS FOLDER!
Enjoy your new WODE Menu! Just remember, when you want to use the menu, the SD with the "apps" folder must be in the Wii.