First, thanks to both of you.
Yes I have Homebrew installed, not sure what version it is.
Then it shows the apps as you stated. (sorry) yes it shows the DVDX Beta 01.11 on a bluish field with bubbles then when I hit the DVDX it no longer loads up the game list.
I do not have wodeflow installed. If/when I install wodeflow, do I need an original disk of Indy Lego or the other one mentioned? I have neither.
That's where I get stuck knowing what to do, and a bit overwhelmed. I was looking for a thread of where to start from scratch, but found nothing, only bits an pieces of things and I didn't really know where to start.
To find out the HBC version when in the HBC press HOME on the Wiimote and it tells you in the top right hand corner.
1. DvDx no longer works on 4.3. Remove it from your APPS folder on your SD card
- DVDx is not needed if using hbc 1.0.7 or above
2. No, WodeFlow does not need you to install anything. Simply add it to the APPS folder on your SD card and away you go.
If you are on WODE Firmware 2.8x then ENSURE that STEALTH MODE is turned OFF in WODE Settings else WodeFlow WILL NOT WORK!!!!
Minimum WODE firmware for WodeFlow to work is 1.28
To Setup WodeFlow:
1. Download the latest Wode Flow Version: http://code.google.com/p/wodebrew/downloads/list
- UPDATE: Use r14 as it fixes the new Wiimote Plus to work. r15 works but has some display issues within WodeFlow
2. Rename it to boot.dol
3. Download the attachment in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2854&p=26777#p26777
(also attached to this post for convenience): download/file.php?id=392
- direct link
4. Create a folder on your SD card called APPS (skip this step if it exists already)
5. Create a folder in APPS called wodeflow
6. Place the boot.dol from step 2 into the wodeflow folder
7. Open the downloaded file from step 3 and save the meta.xml and icon.png file into the wodeflow folder like you did the boot.dol file in step 6
8. Place the SD Card into the Wii.
9. On the WODE LCD go to Settings
10. Select WODE Settings
11. Change AutoLoad to show CFG
12. Press LEFT on the LCD to go back a screen
14. Turn the Wii off and On
15. A gamecube icon will appear in the disc channel - do nothing
- wait for the HDD to initialise
16. Start the HBC
17. Select Wode Flow and click Load
18. You will see your games but without covers
- If you get an error like "can't open wode : -1" press B and then point at Settings and press A go to page 7 and change the first setting to read sda1 (or something like that). Press B and you should see your games.
- If you do not get an error but see only one game or something else - point wiimote at screen, click setup / the cogs picture, go to page 7 and change the first setting to read sda1 (or something like that). Press B and you should see your games.
You can download game covers from one of the first few pages of the setup screen you were just in but it can cause issues too - but also never hurts to try
For more details explanation on how to use WiiDB to get covers:
Take a read of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2771
. You can download the covers in WodeFlow but if it errors you will end up with a corrupt cover and cache file. If that happens then you have to manually search the SD card for the corrupt cover. It will be in SD Root:\wodeflow\boxcovers or SD Root:\wodeflow\covers and then delete the same file in SD Root:\wodeflow\cache.
It does not hurt to try the download from within WodeFlow. Where you see the game point the Wiimote at the top or the bottom of the screen. A menu should appear click either setup or the cogs picture. Then go through the menu until you see the option to download covers and click on it.
The download may not error but if you go to start Wodeflow later and it crashes you definitely have a corrupt cover. If you get too many use a program called WiiDB. The link is here: http://hotfile.com/dl/83911467/ac13f1d/ ... 3.rar.html
for version 9.3
In the downloaded file will be a folder called WiiDB. Drag and drop that on your desktop. Open the folder and open run the WiiDB.exe - Click Ok to the First and Second prompt that appears. If any errors appear simply click "Continue". Once the update has finished close the update screen.
(You sometimes have to open and close WiiDB after the update to see the game names etc or just be patient and they eventually display).
Now click View and make a tick appear next to the top 3 options
Now Click Extras - options
Make sure Save Cover as is: PNG
Make sure Cover Front, Cover Full, Cover FullHQ, Cover GameCube are ticked as a minimum then close that screen
Now place the games in Alphabetical order
Tick the games you want to download covers for
Click "Download Marked Covers" when all games are ticked
Once all have downloaded copy the files from the following directories to the SD card in this exact order and location
1. From the WiiDB folder open Covers_png
2. From the Covers_png folder open the FULL directory
3. Copy ALL the files in there to your SD Root:\WodeFlow\Boxcovers directory
4. Go back into the WiiDB and open the FullHQ dircetory
5. Copy ALL the files here to your SD Root:\WodeFlow\Boxcovers directory - answer YES to save over any existing files
6. Go back into the WiiDB and open the Front folder
7. Copy ALL the files there to the SD Root:\WodeFlow\covers directory
SD Root = the drive letter of the SD card when it is in your computer. When you are in the root folder of your SD Card you should see APPS and wodeflow as a minimum.
That is it - now you have your covers. First time you load WodeFlow the covers take a little while to load but after that they load just fine.
Lastly - if you copied a cover over and it does not show it means the game id you have in the folder for wodeflow is different to the game id you have for your game. To know what the game id is for the game on your HDD click on the game in WodeFlow and then click setup / the Cogs. The next screen appears at the top it will state the GAME ID.
Take note of the GAME ID and then go into the SD Root:\wodeflow\boxcovers, SD Root:\wodeflow\covers and look for the cover that is not appear that should be and simply give it the GAME ID you just looked up. If the game id can't be found it means there is no cover and you have to make one.
Here is another link to help troubleshoot WodeFlow if it is not working: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2715&p=26020#p26020
Hope that all makes sense