wode jukebox is...

Wode Jukebox

Wii Optical Drive Emulator

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: SOLVED Possible firmware to play iso's from "scrubbed" file?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:01 pm 

Hey, wii games are either a full dvd (4.33gig) or dual layer..but most of the information that fills up the disc is junk. Some of you would be aware of the process of "scrubbing" this junk out and preserving the game components in a considerably smaller packet size, to then be able to be unrar'd at a later date for the purposes of burning or playing the game from an iso file..

So i was thinking that if you could play the game from the iso just on its own... why not be able to play the game from its scrubbed version iso...saving the space on the HD attached to the wii...

I'm not a programmer or anything associated, so i would just like a yes or no as to whether this idea is possible...some of the games are under 100mb in size..

Edited by Zephyr: Added solved to Title :)

Post subject: Re: Posible for new firmware to play iso's from "scrubbed" file?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:14 pm 
That is a really good idea, and you can in fact do the very thing using a program called WiiBackupManager (I use ver 3.3) what that program does is convert your ISO game to WBFS format. And takes all those garbage spaces out.

Works a treat. I think there might be a link to the download page in the Useful Files thread. Or you can read up about it here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188295 and download the version you wish to try.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:19 pm 
Wode Moderator

raphmiester wrote:
Hey, wii games are either a full dvd (4.33gig) or dual layer..but most of the information that fills up the disc is junk. Some of you would be aware of the process of "scrubbing" this junk out and preserving the game components in a considerably smaller packet size, to then be able to be unrar'd at a later date for the purposes of burning or playing the game from an iso file..

So i was thinking that if you could play the game from the iso just on its own... why not be able to play the game from its scrubbed version iso...saving the space on the HD attached to the wii...

I'm not a programmer or anything associated, so i would just like a yes or no as to whether this idea is possible...some of the games are under 100mb in size..

Hey Buddy - the program you are after is called Wii Backup Manager. 3.3 or 3.4. It will create a WBFS file - which is basically like a scrubbed iso without the "junk data".

Copy the resulting wbfs file to the ISO directory on your HDD. It is fine to rename the resulting wbfs file to a new understandable name

Great news is you can select ALL your iso files and do a mass batch convert :)

Have fun saving your space :)

P.s. If you need help with Wii Backup Manager let me know. There are a few nice featires you can use in the programe to make names look better should you choose DIsplay: Title in the WODE sttings

EDIT: R_N_B beat me to it :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:19 pm 

wow.. i feel like bit of an idiot then... haha. Ive had the program on my computer this whole time, and seen posts about its uses, and never known that..
So im assuming u just place them into the file labeled "iso" on the HD the same you would with the actual iso's?

thanks for clarifying this for me though, and sorry for wasting ur time haha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:26 pm 
raphmiester wrote:
wow.. i feel like bit of an idiot then... haha. Ive had the program on my computer this whole time, and seen posts about its uses, and never known that..
So im assuming u just place them into the file labeled "iso" on the HD the same you would with the actual iso's?

Mate you did not waste anyone's time. Just think how many people might use the search one day and read this post. Just like you and I learn stuff from other people so too this question will allow someone to know stuff.

Yeah once you have selected your ISO games (I just select folder where they are stored) and then covert them using the transfer button. I send then straight to the USB HDD and into the folder called iso I keep there.

Thanks for saying out loud what lots of people who read this forum have thought.

Cheers mate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:29 am 
Wode Moderator

R_N_B wrote:
raphmiester wrote:

Mate you did not waste anyone's time. Just think how many people might use the search one day and read this post. Just like you and I learn stuff from other people so too this question will allow someone to know stuff.

Yeah once you have selected your ISO games (I just select folder where they are stored) and then covert them using the transfer button. I send then straight to the USB HDD and into the folder called iso I keep there.

Thanks for saying out loud what lots of people who read this forum have thought.

Cheers mate.

Completely agree. No time has been wasted at all. Like R_N_B stated - you have probably helped quote a few WODE owers with your question.

A lecturer once said to me "The only dumb question is the one not asked" He further added, if you are thinking the question - it is almost a given that someone else is thinking the same question but too affraid to ask.

You have done what many have not - and asked :)

Thread locked as topic solved :)

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]