wode jukebox is...

Wode Jukebox

Wii Optical Drive Emulator

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:10 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: WODE user TIPS and Helpful hints.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:42 pm 
Thank you to rick123 http://www.wodejukebox.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1331 for suggesting this. I think it is a great idea and have seen a couple or really great contributions in the last few days. Finlay made a great post on Friday I think it was about HDD stuff to name just one.

Please folks post all WODE hints and tips that you might have discovered or read about here. The best will be included in the FAQ.

Post subject: Re: WODE user TIPS and Helpful hints.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:43 pm 
Red light on Wii

Wii Connect 24 'ON'
Orange light with power button press, WODE stays on.
Red light with power button hold, WODE goes off.

Wii Connect 24 'OFF'
Red light with power button press, WODE goes off.

Last edited by YooperDave on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 pm 
Stuck on Loading Error / Insert Disk Error
by Mithu

This from another forum but it might help someone here to. Thanks Mithu for the tip.

Hey guys,

just a little tip. If you are trying to play a game and its stuck on loading or says insert disc. Try this

Turn of all Autoloading.

I had a prob with SSBB and i did that it worked perfectly :)

Peace Out Mithu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:03 pm 
List of GameCube games with streaming audio.
by Slowking

WODE does not natively support streaming audio. Could any WODE users who have these games please test if there are problems with these games. Thanks to Slowking for posting this list on the forum and for rduke for reminding me of it.

Ace Golf (Swinger's Golf)
007 Agent Under Fire
Alien Hominid
Amazing Island
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Bomberman Generations
Crash Bandicoot
Crazy Taxi
Dakar 2
Darkened Skye
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Dragonball Z Sagas
Dragon's Lair 3D
Dream Mix TV World Fighters
Eternal Darkness
Freestyle Metal-X
Go Go Hypergrind
GT Cube
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters
Harvest Moon (in certain areas)
Ikaruga
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Lost Kingdoms
Lotus Challenge
Mario Kart Bonus Disc
Master Quest
Monster Jam Destruction
MX Superfly
Naruto 1,2,3
Pool Paradise
Pro Rally
Red Faction 2
Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc (w/ RE4 Demo)
Speed Kings
Splinter Cell: Pandora's Tomorrow
Starfox Adventures
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn
Super Monkey Ball
Tak And The Power Of Juju
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Top Gun: Combat Zone
Universal Studios:Theme Park Adventure
Urban Freestyle Soccer
Virtua Striker 3 Ver. 2002
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Worms Blast
XG3 Extreme G Racing
Zelda: Bonus Disc (with Ocarina of Time)
Zoids Battle Legends

rctgamer3 wrote:
Mario Kart Bonus disc works, sound and everything works.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:58 am 
How to get the joystick working in all directions / How to fit your LCD panel flush
by sum1

just inserting the lcd with the joystick at the front in the wode (into the little divot) is not enough:
i found, that the bottom plate is indeed the most important item to push the lcd to the front.
because on the bottom plate there is a plastic ledge (dunno how to call it), which has to be put BEHIND the pcb and than has to be "slided" into the wode to the front, like bubblesnout said. that way the plastic ledge pushes the lcd the rest of the millimeters to the front, which are needed to let the joystick function allright.

Addition by Yooperdave:

Slide the bottom of the WODE board on from the back to the front. I saw someone post this somewhere else - It helps to keep the board in the right place if you put an SD Card in the slot while putting on the base. I also found that putting a USB plug in the WODE USB slot (the one coming out of the back of the WODE works just fine) also helps to hold the board in place when re-attaching the bottom.
Attachment:
IMG_3447 copy.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:22 pm 
Secure WODE mounting option
by jonathanm

Having a few worries about your Wii & WODE moving around and causing some damage to the flat cables? Well here is a outstanding fix from jonathanm.

I wasn't really happy with using only velcro to keep the WODE from separating from the Wii, so I devised an alternate method. If you want to emulate this, you will need...

2ea M2.6x8 Flat Head Machine Screw (Correct screw size as verified by YooperDave)
A 3/32 drill bit and drill.
I utilized the two heat sink screw holes on the lower side of the Wii case to secure it to the WODE. If you are comfortable with modding, you should be ok with this, but I make no guarantees as to the safety of you, your Wii or your WODE. If you copy this, it's all on you if you damage things. It worked just fine for me on three installs so far. The pictures show my initial experiment with slightly smaller diameter and longer screws, the correct size is M2.6x8, without washers.
Lower the Wii into place, being careful to put it straight down were you want it to be mounted, without wiggling it around. Just straight in, and straight back out.
If you don't get good clean prints, just wipe off the WODE and try again. It takes very little oil on the screw heads to get a center located.
Before you drill, be VERY sure you get good clean imprints with the oil on both screw heads at once. If you are off by even a tiny bit, it's very hard to get the screws to line up with the Wii without cross threading. You can use a slightly larger drill bit to allow a little slop, but I prefer to keep the most plastic intact that I can. You may need to wiggle the drill bit around a little in the holes to clean them out large enough for the M2.6, as the drill bit is sized for the M2.5 (1/10 of a millimeter different).

Keep in mind the screws thread straight into the Wii, so angle the drill to be perpendicular to the Wii mounting surface, not straight up in relation to the WODE.
Wipe off the screw heads and unscrew them from the Wii. Lay the drilled WODE on top of the upside down Wii, and sight down the freshly drilled holes and line up the screw holes in the Wii. Carefully screw the two together. Only tighten them down enough to make the WODE snug up to the Wii, don't strip the screws. The pictures show longer screws with washers, if you get the M2.6x8 screws, don't use washers.
This should keep sad stories like the fellow that had his neighbors come over and borrow his Wii and leave the WODE base behind from happening.

Edited to update screw size and washer removal.

Last edited by YooperDave on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
updated to latest version

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:18 am 
Wode Moderator

Hoping I'm not being too redundant, I am going to add my experience as well.
[http://www.wodejukebox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1115&p=13837#p13837]

Secure WODE mounting option. Continued.
by YooperDave

Thank you jonathanm for doing all of the figuring. Yes, the M2.6x8 machine thread screws were perfect.

I purchased M2.6x8's and M2.6x12's for comparison.

I think they are the exact same size as Nintendo's. If not, I cannot tell with the naked eye.

I used a yellow sharpie marker instead of oil because it is what I had laying around. It worked well.

I drilled the hole with the recommended 3/32" drill bit. This was nearly the proper size but was a bit small so I had to open the holes up a little bit bigger by rotating the bit around in the hole. This created a very nice snug hole that the screws partially threaded themselves into. Here is the Nintendo screw compared to the M2.6x12 and M2.6x8 sticking up through the holes. There are no washers on either of the screws heads. They are flush to the plastic.

I considered using a M2.6x12 with a washer or two, but the hole was so snug and the length was so perfect with the M2.6x8, as jonathanm had calculated, that I went with a M2.6x8 with no washers.

This is a very solid solution. No amounts of moderately applied pressure could get the WODE to budge at all from the Wii. I had considered a third screw since it lined up with the existing slot already (see below) but that would have required determining the size of the coarser tri-wings. After seeing how solid it was with two, I dismissed this option.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 am 
Wode Moderator

Making wbfs files in Linux:
information from rduke

There is no program with a nice GUI to convert iso -> wbfs for linux. You have two options:

1) Run Wii Backup Manager with WINE. rduke has written a tutorial on this
[http://www.wodejukebox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1149&p=13660#p13660]

2) Run wbfs_file via command line.
[http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downloads/list]

rduke wrote:
wbfs_file is available for windows, linux and macos.

./wbfs_file source.iso convert /path/to/target #creates a wbfs file
./wbfs_file source.iso scrub /path/to/target #creates a sparse file ISO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:31 am 
Wode Moderator

How to update your Wii from a disk/iso with your WODE installed
by YooperDave

If you need to update your Wii from a game disk (i.e. to allow installation of an ios such for a game which requires a webcam), follow these steps:

1) Make sure your WODE is set to the proper region.
2) Make sure you have proper region game disk.
3) Make sure the game disk isn't going to update your firmware up to 4.1 or 4.2 if you don't want that.

When you are set with the above, on the WODE,

4) Turn Region Patching = Off
5) Turn Updates = On
6) Run the disk and apply the update.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:34 pm 
Wode Moderator

How to disable sleep mode on a Seagate FreeAgent
by Finley

The FreeAgent Desk drive firmware is the latest culprit!

It is vitally important to disable "Sleep Mode" on the FreeAgent Desk Hard Drive.

You say that you formatted your drive Ext3 using Ubuntu?
Great! You can disable sleep mode on your drive using Ubuntu! :shock:

Don't worry....It'll be fine! Just follow along with me...

1) Make sure that your FreeAgent drive is plugged into your computer.
2) Run Ubuntu from the CD. You don't need to install it.
3) On the desktop, choose 'System' then 'Administration' then 'Software Sources'
4) Click on the box that says 'Community Maintained Open Source (universe)'
At this point, your computer may want to go out to the Internet to get some files,
this is normal.
5) Close the 'Software Sources' page.
6) Go to 'Places' then select your FreeAgent drive. Don't click on any other places.
This should mount your FreeAgent drive and open a window showing you your files.
You can close the drive browser window, we don't need to work with individual files.
7) On the desktop, choose 'Application' then 'Accessories' then 'Terminal'
This opens a command window to your Ubuntu system.

We're in the Terminal, if you're a Windows guy, don't let it throw you. :P
(This is how people communicated with computers before the mouse.)

I'll denote the commands you type in bold okay?

First, let's get the sdparm utility.
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install sdparm
...you should see a few lines of response ending with "Setting up sdparm (1.02-1) ..."
If you do, then your system has the program necessary to disable the sleep mode. If not, try again.

Now, let's find out where the Ubuntu system has mapped your drive!
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ mount
...Wow!
You will see a TON of things that Ubuntu is mapping right now. The only one we're interested in is the item mounded on /media.
So look for the /media item. It should be the last line and look something like this:
/dev/sda1 on /media/blahblahblah type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev)

In this case, your ext partition is /dev/sda1. The number at the end is the partition.
That means that Ubuntu has internally mapped your hard drive as device /dev/sda

PROTIP: Your drive may NOT be /dev/sda, it could be /dev/sdb, or /dev/sdc or whatever! ;)
If your drive is not /dev/sda, substitute accordingly!

Let's check out our drive parameters with sdparm.
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo sdparm -la /dev/sda
/dev/sda: Seagate FreeAgentDesktop
Direct access device specific parameters: WP=0 DPOFUA=0
Power condition [po] mode page:
IDLE 0 [cha: n, def: 0, sav: 0] Idle timer active
STANDBY 1 [cha: y, def: 1, sav: 1] Standby timer active
ICT 0 [cha: n, def: 0, sav: 0] Idle condition timer (100 ms)
SCT 9000 [cha: y, def:9000, sav:9000] Standby condition timer (100 ms)

Let's turn off the Standby stuff, shall we?
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo sdparm --clear STANDBY -6 -S /dev/sda

Check it again to see it if took :^)
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo sdparm -la /dev/sda
/dev/sda: Seagate FreeAgentDesktop
Direct access device specific parameters: WP=0 DPOFUA=0
Power condition [po] mode page:
IDLE 0 [cha: n, def: 0, sav: 0] Idle timer active
STANDBY 0 [cha: n, def: 1, sav: 0] Standby timer active
ICT 0 [cha: n, def: 0, sav: 0] Idle condition timer (100 ms)
SCT 0 [cha: n, def:9000, sav: 0] Standby condition timer (100 ms)

(The important part is the STANDBY line. My SCT line looks different than this.)

Hey, that did it! You can exit out of all the windows and shut down Ubuntu now, the drive will remember what you told it to do.

Good Luck!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next