wode jukebox is...

Wode Jukebox

Wii Optical Drive Emulator

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:46 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: How do I transfer WBFS files made w/ WiiBackupManager to HD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:10 am 

I have a WODE that I want to hook my NTFS external HD to.  I've converted my ISO's to wbfs (on a WBFS based partition on a FAT based external HD) in wii backup manager to make them smaller but I cannot figure out how to take the now smaller WBFS files and put them in the ISO folder on my external HD to play on the WODE/Wii.  I've searched a lot and not found any help.  Ideas?  And WODE can't read a WBFS formatted drive, just wbfs files.

Post subject: Re: How do I transfer WBFS files made w/ WiiBackupManager to
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:48 am 
Wode Moderator

Your mistake was converting the ISO files to a WFBS formatted partition. You should have just converted to WBFS files straight onto a FTA32/NTFS.

In Wii Backup Manager set your Drive 1 to be the WBFS Partition and set Drive 2 to be the NTFS partition. (If asked on teh NTFS partition to create a WBFS folder answer YES.

Now select all the games on Drive 1 and select to transfer them to Drive 2. Once completed move the wbfs files from WBFS to the ISO folder or leave them in WBFS fodler as WODE will look for either ISO or WBFS or BOTH.

If this does not work - which it should then you need something like WBFS Manager or convert them again but straight to the NTFS drive. Select game - Transfer WBFS File - Select your Destination drive / folder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:01 pm 

excellent quick tut zephyr. since i have yet to receive my wode to be able to rip my originals, i am using wbm to convert my b/up's which were previously ripped with my now dead lg drive.

i gotta say, this program is very simple to use. for whatever reason, when i initially went into settings and chose the options to use wiitdb titles, and selecting the txt file, the settings didn't stick (i may have hit cancel instead of save). i went through about 25 converts before realizing this. and here is why this program is great... i made those setting changes again, selected all the previous converts, and chose to rename all game titles. all game titles were updated per the wiitdb list (even made the changes on the hdd). i was worried i would have to re-convert those.

i suppose my only request, would be to have a "refresh" or "f5" option. when i convert/transfer, since i'm doing it from dvd straight to the designated location, i have the hdd selected in drive 1 just so i can verify the file has arrived there safely. in order to see the newly transferred file i need to select out of the current drive letter by choosing inactive and then back to the drive. if there was a refresh option it would make things a bit easier.

also, i have a question about transfer time. is this dependent on the drive(s) we are using? i bounce between 2 drives. i notice one drive starts off quick and doesn't let up until the convert is done (speeds from 10mb/s to 15mb/s). my other drive starts off slow (about 5mb/s) and then picks up speed after about 50% completion (getting up to 15mb/s). is this typical?

but all in all, excellent program.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:14 am 
Wode Moderator

Sorry buddy - no idea on transfer time. I set and walk away.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]