wode jukebox is...

Wode Jukebox

Wii Optical Drive Emulator

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:38 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Wode + Wiikey Fusion
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:47 am 

What would happen if you managed to fit both a Wode board and a Wiikey Fusion board inside your Wii? I'm just curious

Post subject: Re: Wode + Wiikey Fusion
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:32 pm 

Blasphemy! :shock:

WODE Ver. 2.8B
FPGA = 2.00

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:53 pm 

HellRazor07 wrote:

lol. Seriously though. I don't have one, so I can't actually try it out. They would have to be daisy-chained. Would only 1 work? Would the both work? Would neither work? Would the break? It would be interesting to find out :)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:01 pm 

Faria1st wrote:
HellRazor07 wrote:

lol. Seriously though. I don't have one, so I can't actually try it out. They would have to be daisy-chained. Would only 1 work? Would the both work? Would neither work? Would the break? It would be interesting to find out :)

So buy one and test it for us! If the WODE devs did their job properly, putting the WODE in stealth mode at the DVD drive side of the fusion should make it work flawlessly with the joystick and LCD. Any other mode would be a crapshoot.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:51 am 
Wode Moderator

I am curious why anyone would do this...? I thought fusion was only SD not HDD...

Persoanlly, SD/SDHC cards are not as cheap as HDD and you can fit more on HDD....

Why would anyone use fusion...? Have to ask as I do not know much about fusion?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:13 pm 

Zephyr wrote:
I am curious why anyone would do this...?

I doubt anyone would, it's just a thought experiment. Kinda like putting two wodes in line to see what would happen. If you put both wodes in flat mode, could you still use the DVD at the end of the line? If you put the middle wode in stealth mode, could you control the end wode with wodeflow?

These questions really don't NEED to be answered, but it would be cool to play with and find out.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:01 pm 
Wode Moderator

I guess my point was "why would anyone bother to waste their time and money - even out of curiosity or as an experiment"....

I personally saw this hyperthetical as a pointless one compared to otehrs that you could do.... There seems to be no benefit to do this what so ever...

I know it was a hypothetical or an experiment if you will.... Like having a Wii Key v2 and WODE.... but I can see the point of that experiment and curiosity and the spending of the money etc.... There is something to gain if this worked (which it does) but fsuion and wode.... wode offers all that fusion does so nothing to gain even for an experiment... where as wode does not offer all the Wii Key v2 does....

Not knocking it, just 'cos I do nto see teh point does not mean someone else wont... Each to their own I always say :)

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:16 pm 

Zephyr wrote:
I guess my point was "why would anyone bother to waste their time and money - even out of curiosity or as an experiment"....

I personally saw this hyperthetical as a pointless one compared to otehrs that you could do.... There seems to be no benefit to do this what so ever...

I know it was a hypothetical or an experiment if you will.... Like having a Wii Key v2 and WODE.... but I can see the point of that experiment and curiosity and the spending of the money etc.... There is something to gain if this worked (which it does) but fsuion and wode.... wode offers all that fusion does so nothing to gain even for an experiment... where as wode does not offer all the Wii Key v2 does....

Not knocking it, just 'cos I do nto see teh point does not mean someone else wont... Each to their own I always say :)

Actually, Wiikey Fusion isn't just an SD card loader. Wiikey Fusion gives older drives the ability to play back-up disks just like Wiikey and Wiikey 2. So, this experiment would grant you the same benefits as a Wiikey + Wode, Wiikey 2 + Wode or a D2Pro + Wode.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:45 am 
Wode Moderator

WODE also give you the ability to play Backup discs on older Wii Drives as well.

I have 2 Wii's. With WODE I can play backup discs on one Wii and not on my other.

Reason I made teh point about Wii Key v2 and WODE is that Wii Key v2 allows you to play backup discs at 6x instead of 3x via WODE.

Does Fusion allow 6x play back or 3x? Now, if it aloowed 6x I would see the point of the experiment.

Was not knocking the idea - just did not inderstand why when there seems to be no denefit

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:47 am 

Zephyr wrote:
WODE also give you the ability to play Backup discs on older Wii Drives as well.

I didn't know you could play backup disks with Wode on supported drives :shock: I've never even thought to try it.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next